Principia Assessments Ltd. (“Principia”) cares about the privacy of your personal information.
- Personal Information. “Personal Information” is information in Principia’s possession about an identifiable individual, such as a customer, stakeholder, member of the public, or employee. Personal information includes information such as customer account information, assessment records, and employment records.
- Principia is responsible for Personal Information in its custody and control. Principia has a designated Privacy Officer who is accountable for establishing policy, investigating potential privacy breaches, breach notification, and ensuring compliance with applicable legislation. When Principia engages the services of a third party, Principia takes steps to ensure the third party’s compliance with this policy with respect to those services.
- Except where applicable legislation provides otherwise, Principia only collects, uses or discloses Personal Information about an individual with that individual’s consent. When obtaining consent, Principia ensures that an individual is informed of the purposes for which Personal Information is being collected and only uses or discloses such Personal Information to reasonably fulfill those purposes. When reasonable and permitted by legislation, consent may not be required for certain collections, uses, or disclosures of Personal Information (e.g. for certain legal, medical or security reasons). Principia does not, as a condition of supplying a product or service, require an individual to consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of Personal Information beyond what is necessary to provide the product or service.
- Withdrawing Consent. An individual may withdraw or vary consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. Unless the consequences of the withdrawal or variance are obvious, Principia will inform the individual of the likely consequences of withdrawing or varying consent.
- Data Processing. If Principia acts as data processor for a client, we will only process such personal data on the client’s instructions and ensure that appropriate technical and organizational measures are in place to protect against unauthorized or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of or damage to personal data.
- Principia only retains Personal Information for as long as it is reasonable to retain such information for business or legal purposes. Once the retention period for records containing Personal Information has expired, Principia destroys or modifies those records such that information in the records cannot be linked to an identifiable individual.
- Principia attempts to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of your personal information. Principia has implemented reasonable administrative, technical, and physical measures to protect your personal information.
- Notification of Loss, Unauthorized Access, or Disclosure. Without unreasonable delay, Principia notifies the appropriate authorities and individuals of loss, unauthorized access, or disclosure of Personal Information within Principia’s control if such loss, unauthorized access, or disclosure may reasonably be considered to present a real risk of significant harm to an individual.
- Access and Correction. You may update your information by contacting Principia as provided in the “Contact” section below. Principia will use reasonable efforts to process any change you make; provided, however, that requests to delete information are subject to Principia’s internal reporting and retention policies and applicable legal obligations.
- Compliance with Law. This policy is to be read in conjunction with applicable privacy legislation in jurisdictions in which Principia operates.
- Principia may change this policy at any time. Changes are effective once posted.
- Individuals may seek information about this policy, request access to Personal Information or raise concerns about compliance with this Policy by contacting Principia’s Privacy Officer:
- By email to Jennifer Flynn at email@example.com
- By mail to:
Principia Assessments Ltd.
605, 11425 – 105 Avenue NW
Edmonton, AB T5H 0C5
Attention: Jennifer Flynn, CEO